Saturday, October 18, 2008

MY FAV SAVOURY RECIPES

Savoury dishes always been everyone's favourite like noodles, pies, baked macaroni and of course beef and chicken traditional malay cuisines like rendang, asam pedas etc. I like simple and easy recipe...but tasty. Here are some of them...

I gave this recipe to my friend in Manchester, Kay recently and glad she likes it. Even busy architect like her love cooking and I think people changed when you have your own 'fan' and in her case Iman ( her only son..am I right Kay?..) My family love this recipe especially my chubby hubby as he could continue having them with bread after had them for lunch or dinner... And if people ask me how I 'glued' him to be at home for his main meal, the answer is my cooking indeed. It may not suit others but for sure did an excellent job for mine..







RENDANG BABU
..( my mom named it..don't really know why)


Ingredients:

1 kg beef ( small and thin slice)
100g chilli paste ( from abt 30g dried chilli, 1 medium onion, 3-4 clove of garlic and 3cm ginger-blend together)
1 cinnamon stick
100ml evaporated milk
50g tomato puree
salt and sugar to your taste
1/2 cup vege oil

Method:

1. Heat up oil in a heavy base saucepan or a pressure cooker
2. Firstly put in cinnamon stick for few minutes and pour in chilli paste until aromatic. Add tomato puree and milk. Stir constantly until all blended well. Add beef and let simmer until it tender or if using pressure cooker let it cook under pressure for about 15 minutes.





3. Once the gravy has thicken,add salt and sugar to taste. Let it cook for about 10 minutes more.
4.Remove from heat and serve. Can be served with rice or bread.

No comments: