Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chewy Chocolate chips Cookies



Chocolate Chips Cookies...I have been baking them countless time I guess and yet still trying to find the good one. Most of the recipes are similar with may be slightly changes in amount or ratio of the ingredients. I found that cookies with baking powder in it will make the cookies crispy rather than if baking soda is used; where you will find the cookies will be a bit chewy liked or cake liked cookies. It depends on you of course whether youu like very crispy cookies or chewy cookies. As for me, I like those chewy and soft cookies with the taste of melted chocolate chips in between...mmm..yummy...

Hence, this is one of the recipe of chewy like cookies that I have tried and as usual my 'tester master'...I mean my kids..said they love it...

Chewy Chocolate Chips Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
240g butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tbs vanilla essence
1 cup choc chips
2 cups toasted almond/ walnut

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 180 deg Cels. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Beat the butter and sugars for about a minute or until light.
3. Add in egg on at a time. Pour in vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Slowly mix in flour mixture with spatula and lastly add in chips and nuts. Mix until well incorporated; do not over mix.
5. Chill the dough in the fridge for about 1 hour.
6. Scoop 1 teaspoonfull of dough and arrange them on the tray with 2 inch apart.
7. Bake for about 10-14 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

No comments: