Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ginger Snap


I baked this cookies for my bake sale recently..and most of my customers like it..It's a crispy thin like cookies with taste of ginger. I like ginger, so of course I like this cookies. I think the taste will be even better if I add ginger glace as well.. Hmm will try it out next bake..

Ginger Snap

170g butter
105g dark brown sugar
100g white sugar
1/4 molasses
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
280g flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 tsp ground ginger
Extra caster sugar for coating


Method:

1. Preheat the oven at 180deg Celc. Sift together dry ingredients.( flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and ginger)
2. Beat the butter with sugars until light and fluffy ( about a minute)
3. Add egg. Mix well and add in molasses.
4. Add dry ingredients mixture and mix until well incorporated. Chill for 1 hour.
5. Roll into a ball and roll into caster sugar, coating them thoroughly. Put onto greased tray and flatten them with glass bottom.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes and cool on a wire rack.

No comments: